· iEGR technology will bring significant cost efficiencies vis-à-vis competition
· The only domestic OEM to use iEGR technology above 130HP
· Ashok Leyland’s Zonal Conference is the largest expo by an OEM in Delhi
16th June, 2017, Delhi: Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, and the 2nd largest commercial vehicle (CV) manufacturer in India, today showcased its range of future ready products, based on indigenously developed, Intelligent Exhaust Gas Recirculation (iEGR) technology, and innovative industry-leading services at its Zonal Conference 2017 in Delhi. With an ambition to be the market leader in the North India, Ashok Leyland’s iEGR technology will further help the company to gain significant ground. This one-of-a-kind expo is the largest by any OEM in this part of the country and highlights the company’s focus for this transport and logistics hub.
Pioneering the indigenous development and application of the iEGR technology, Ashok Leyland is the only domestic OEM to implement this technology successfully for its products above 130 Horse Power (HP). Thus, Ashok Leyland has, once again, brought its technology prowess and Indian innovation to the fore for the benefit of its customers.
Intelligent Exhaust Gas Recirculation (iEGR) technology is a simple yet innovative solution to achieving the desired results in order to meet the BS4 norms. This technology is not only better suited to Indian conditions compared to Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology (based on European technology) but will also prove to be hugely cost effective, easy to operate and hassle-free to maintain. All of which will benefit the Ashok Leyland customer, resulting in better margins compared to products by OEMs which are based on SCR technology. With iEGR technology as the highlight, the Company displayed a mix of over thirty innovative products and services, featuring trucks, buses, light commercial vehicles (LCVs), simulators and gensets.
Speaking at the conference, Mr. Anuj Kathuria, President – Global Trucks, Ashok Leyland, said, “Ashok Leyland has been leading from the front in the commercial vehicle industry and our iEGR technology is yet another example of Indian innovation which will benefit our customers immensely. We have been receiving very good response from almost all regions in India and North being the most important, we hope for a similar response. Displaying our range of products and services in Delhi is a significant step towards amplifying our position further in the region. Delivering on our brand promise of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet’, introducing technologies like iEGR and other industry-first innovations has helped us gain our customers’ trust. Our persistence and aggression in delighting our customers has helped us reach a market share of 25% in FY17 from 19% in FY15 in the North region”.
Taking the brand promise of ‘Aapki Jeet, Hamari Jeet’ further, the Company has, in recent years, expanded its network rapidly to cater to its wide set of customers. At the end of FY17, its network had expanded to 2678 touch points and it is further expanding rapidly in FY18. With an additional 5000 outlets for Leyparts, the genuine spare parts brand, it has a service centre every 75kms on all major highways which helps the brand deliver its “Tatkaal” promise of reaching customers within 4 hours and getting their vehicle back on-road within 48 hours.
Similarly, there are a slew of initiatives and programs by the Company which is defining the aftermarket business in the CV industry:
- Add-on service packages: Packages like Annual Maintenance Contract, Extended Warranty Package and ALLCOVER aim at giving peace of mind for the customers. Comprehensive cover, Pan-India support, Genuine parts, etc. at reasonable cost help in better uptime and profitability
- Express Bay: Ensures hassle free service with repair time assurance to the customer. For dealers this helps in better productivity, efficiency and utilization
- KNOW: Knowledge On Wheels is a unique initiative which provides on-site training to channel partners and others. Built on an eComet or a Boss truck, this classroom on wheels is a fully equipped with all the amenities and features to make learning easy and accessible
- Accident care call centre: 24×7 call centre providing complete accident care for Ashok Leyland vehicles
- Eas-E-Pay: It is a one stop solution for quick and secured payments anywhere any time
- Workshop on Wheels: Provides service support at customers’ doorstep anywhere
- Network range poster: With a vast network expansion, ALL is enabled to provide service anywhere and everywhere at the customers’ service
- i-ALERT: i-ALERT is a state of the art system that allows real time tracking of the vehicle movement.
- Pit stop model: 24/7 online tracking through GPS and breakdown support by Head Office team for quick response within one hour and restoration within four hours
List of products displayed at the Zonal Conference 2017 in Delhi:
|1||Captain 3723 container||Trucks|
|2||Captain 3118 POL tank||Trucks|
|3||Captain 2518 haulage||Trucks|
|4||Captain 3123 22Cu M||Trucks|
|5||U 2518 16 Box 9sBGS||Trucks|
|6||Captain 4923 tip trailer||Trucks|
|7||U 4019 box trailer||Trucks|
|12||GURU 1111 container||Trucks|
|13||Ecomet 1212 7Cu M||Trucks|
|14||BOSS A1 1213||Trucks|
|15||Lynx Smart AC||Bus|
|20||125 KVA Genset||Genset|