Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Culture proposes to start 6 new regional centres of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) at Ranchi, Vadodara, Goa, Thrissur, Jammu/Srinagar and Puducherry in addition to its existing three regional centres at Varanasi, Guwahati and Bengaluru.
IGNCA has endeavoured for networking with Universities, Academic as well as other Institutions for mutual collaboration by signing Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) for making IGNCA a vibrant national institution for art and culture. Besides, IGNCA has started a new outreach cell to expand the outreach of the IGNCA and make its programmes more popular. This has also been done to attract more scholars and intellectuals to the IGNCA.
Vision for the IGNCA
- To make IGNCA the Centre for Cultural Rejuvenation in the country;
- To make it a Centre of Socio-Cultural Dialogue and understanding;
- To make it a Centre of Knowledge and Research for South Asian Cultural Heritage;
- To make it a Centre of Learning for studies of Cultural Heritage of Indian Diaspora;
- To make it a Centre of Convergence for various art forms, traditions, heritage, in and around country;
- To make it a people friendly centre where creation and intellect from every corner is equally respected;
- To make it a Centre where tradition meets modernity, where the classical meets the folk, where art meets science, where ethos meets expression and where tradition meets innovation.
Mission for the IGNCA
- To make it an Institute of National Importance;
- To make it a world class Repository of Art and Culture;
- To make it an Institute of excellence of higher learning in the field of Indian Art and Culture;
- To promote Indology studies from Indian perspective;
- To nurture Indian scholarship in the field of Culture, Art, Literature, Archaeology and other related fields;
- To make it a world class Centre of Manuscriptology and Conservation;
- To create and develop big archive for Indian Cultural Studies in Physical and Digital format.